Some of the growing problems of the world include obesity and metabolic diseases. As per the results, more than millions of people die every year owing to obesity. In order to prevent obesity, a number of diets have emerged. These diets actually prove to be helpful for the body since they help to get rid of excess body weight and also bring about mental balance.
Keto diet and weight loss
Several evidences have emerged stating that keto diet is actually beneficial for losing weight. This diet helps to get rid of excess fat, promotes the growth of healthy muscle mass and improves the factors that offer protection against diseases.
Many studies have stated that a low-carb diet like keto is actually more effective than a low-fat diet when aiming for weight loss. Studies have shown that even when calorie intake is matched, this diet is more helpful.
As per the study, people tend to lose their weight even when they are not under food restriction. If you hate on counting the calories, it is better you stick to the keto diet. You can remove certain food items from your list and munch on the foods by having a check on your calorie count.
How does the keto diet promote weight loss?
It is a known fact that the ketogenic diet helps to get rid of excess body weight. However, the mechanism behind it is not known to many people.
- High protein intake- Since ketogenic diet involves eating protein in high amount, it can help to lose weight. Eating too much of proteins can be beneficial for losing weight.
- Appetite suppressant– When you are on keto, you will need to munch on the foods that can help to keep you full. These foods kill the hunger-promoting hormones so you will not feel hungry for a long time.
- Lowered fat storage– There are various researches which have stated that this diet is beneficial for lowering lipogenesis. Lipogenesis is the process through which sugar is converted into fat.
- Gluconeogenesis– When the body is devoid of carbohydrates, it takes help of the stored fats and proteins to produce energy. Thus, it helps to burn a significant amount of calories on a daily basis.
- Increased fat burning– Keto diet can prove to be beneficial for the rapid fat burning process. Even when you are resting or exercising, you will tend to lose many calories.
- Food elimination– When you tend to put a restriction on your carb intake, you also tend to limit your food. This also helps to lower the calorie intake and is an effective option for weight loss.
- Improved sensitivity towards insulin– Keto diet can be very beneficial in enhancing your sensitivity towards insulin. This is beneficial for improving the metabolism of the body. Your body may efficiently be able to convert all the proteins and fats into body fuel at a faster rate.
Thus, all these prove that the ketogenic diet is actually very helpful as compared to that of the other high-carb diets for weight loss. It is more beneficial than the low-protein, low-fat diets.